What is WannaCry Ransomware Virus & how to prevent it
It is a Malware Trojan virus which has been named “Ransomware” How to keep your system safe from this Virus.
What is WannaCry: It is a Malware Trojan virus which has been named “ransomware”.
How it works: If the system gets infected from the virus, the user lose access to files & has to pay a ransom in crypto-currency bit coins to regain access. ”
When does it start : The attack started on Friday, 12 May 2017.
Systems affected: It has infected more than 2,30,000 computers in 150 countries till now.
How does it spread: The attack spreads mostly by phishing emails?
How to prevent :
1) Update all security measures on your system.
2) Keep a Backup offline in a hard disk.
3) Apply patches by Microsoft to the Windows system.
4) Do not download from doubtful websites.
5) Update Antivirus on all your systems and download Microsoft’s latest download the necessary.patch from this link.http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4012598software patches.
6) Do not browse unsafe websites & apply required filters on your browser.
What if your system is affected?
There is still no proven solution but few means of escape which can minimize the damage.
1) Immediately disconnect the infected system to stop further spreading.
2) Try to backup essential files as soon as possible.
3) It is advised to not pay the ransom as there is no guarantee that you will regain access even after paying the money.
Share this story