Best Ride-Sharing and Car Pooling Apps
Best Ride-Sharing and Car Pooling Apps
Taxis have been a regular transportation choice for traveling. However, most people worldwide have smartphones, and a whole new bunch of ridesharing and best carpool apps have been launched â€“ changing how people hail and share taxi rides.
You might have probably heard about the two best ridesharing apps â€“ Uber & Lyft. Both these ridesharing companies have earned billions. Uber even got into several on-demand businesses, such as UberEats(Uber for Food), Uber for Helicopters, and UberBOAT.
The Benefits Of Carpool & Rideshare Apps
- Rideshare and carpool apps help reduce road traffic and make traveling in cities much more comfortable.
- These apps connect people who need to commute to work or school with those willing to share their rides.
- It reduces emissions by reducing the number of cars on the road.
- It also reduces traffic congestion and delays.
Navigate urban transportation with ease using the best ride-sharing and carpooling apps. Our blog post introduces innovative apps that offer convenient and sustainable solutions for commuters. Explore the benefits of shared mobility and discover the apps reshaping the way people travel in modern cities.
Best 8 Carpool Applications for 2022
BlaBlaCar is one of India's most popular carpool apps started in 2013. It was developed considering the festival season when trains and buses are already packed, and rates of cab services are soaring high due to increased demand.
Benefits Of BlaBlaCar
- BlaBlaCar clone app is developed to share fuel costs with other travelers.
- This carpooling app is both economically and ecologically friendly, making it easier for commuters to find a ride with an experienced and trusted driver.
- The app is available on Android and iOS and is active in cities including Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, etc.
Carpooling With BlaBlaCar
- If you are driving, you can now share your ride and save more on travel costs.
- You can easily publish your ride and decide which passenger you want to go with.
- If you plan to go somewhere, you can now book your ride at low prices.
- Search for your destination, find the closest carpool cab near you, and book a seat instantly. That's how simple it is.
UberPool is the most affordable way to travel. The user matched with other riders heading in the same direction and got a cheaper fare. After a successful launch in Bangalore and Delhi, UberPOOL has extended its services to other cities, including Hyderabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Bhubaneswar. Launched in 2009, this American company is today's largest ride-hailing and carpooling company. Recently, Uber has renamed its UberPOOL to Uber ShareX.
Benefits of UberPOOL
- Ridesharing uber clone app enables you to share your ride with other passengers with matching pickup and destination locations.
- UberPOOL service is available in major Indian cities like Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Patna, Tirupati, Bhubaneswar, Coimbatore, Vijayawada, etc.
- UberPOOL is usually cheaper than taking an individual Uber ride.
- While booking a cab on the Uber app, you'll get different options like UberGo, UberPool, and UberMotor. One ride charges you around Rs. 150 if you book it independently; the same distance will cost you only Rs. 60 if you select UberPool.
3. Ola Share
Ola was the first major home-grown cab aggregator founded by Bhavish Aggarwal in 2010.
Ola Share enables its users to book and share a cab ride with fellow commuters who can be trusted. Connect with other travelers on the go â€“ without having to plan it on a prior basis, tour, or wait for other passengers to join.
Benefits of Ola Share
- Ola clone can share your ride with other passengers you choose.
- You can join a group based on your location and gender.
- OlaShare is available in major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune, etc.
sRide is another growing carpooling app in India that claims safety for its riders. This carpooling service has bagged over 1 Million users and is considered the top carpool app in India. It also offers the best bike pooling services at affordable prices. It is available in more than cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Pune, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Coimbatore, Bhubaneswar, and others.
Benefits of sRide
- A driver background check ensures you get the best service possible, and driver ratings are tracked closely.
- Every rider can submit a review of the driver to create a conversation in the sRide community to provide feedback for others.
- sRide was also founded in 2014 and aimed to provide passengers with a cost-saving means of transport while helping reduce pollution.
- sRide claims commuters could save more than 11 billion gallons of fuel annually if commuters regularly opted for carpool apps in India.
- The sRide app is available for Android and iOS and features multiple payment options.
Carpooling With sRide
- You can find a carpool ride on the sRide app.
- You can get up-to-date recommendations and notifications with sRide's advanced recommendation engine and know about the rides near you.
- Enjoy the cashless payment option for all your carpool rides.
Varun, Rachit, and Ankur quit their jobs in Jabong to start this Indian-based carpooling app. Ridely is over five years old now. However, during the first phase of Odd-Even in Delhi, the trio came up with this carpool concept and bootstrapped it in the first quarter.
Benefits of Ridely Carpooling
- Ridely offers the best rides to people in major Indian cities such as Delhi-NCR, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, etc., at affordable prices.
- With Ridely, carpooling is made easy. Users can select a wide range of pooling services such as cars, bikes, auto-rickshaw, and more.
- It is a peer-to-peer ridesharing network that allows people to find co-travelers traveling in the same direction.
- Users can easily look for rides, connect, plan and chat with other travelers.
- The carpooling and ridesharing platform verifies users with government IDs and official email addresses and rewards them with a badge. It is a completely secure carpooling service.
Bengaluru was ranked as the sixth-worst city in the world for commuting. So while many startups had tried coming up with car-share services in Bengaluru, the idea eventually died. Instead, Quickride founder KNM Rao developed his app for real-time ridesharing with end-to-end automation in 2015.
Benefits of Quickride Carpooling
- It also offers commuters a safe and comfortable ride, making the app easy to use.
- You can track the progress of your ride and see where you are about your destination.
- Quickride app helps passengers start sharing the ride instead of traveling alone and saves both time and money.
Benefits of ZIFY Carpooling
- Zify app provides a social platform to vehicle owners who can save a lot on their fuel but also contribute towards helping fight pollution and congestion.
- ZIFY app has a Smart Route-Matching algorithm. The app enables instant booking on their platform.
- App also has its wallet for cashless transactions.
- Zify allows car owners to share their planned route and offer available seats online, where passengers can book and pay for the ride.
- Zify app also allows riders to rate the driver and share feedback.
8. Ryde by Ibibo
Ryde app was launched by the online travel platform Ibibo. Ryde offers intra and intercity rides service.
- Users share their rides and travel cost.
- Passengers can search for registered members on the app offering rides, book their ride and preferred seat, make the payment, chat with the driver and decide the pickup location.
- They can search for requests by passengers looking to share rides with them in the same direction of travel and pick up their passengers.
- Both riders and drivers can review each other as the ride ends. It also gives a history of past driver and passenger rides.
- The app also enables the users to check verified user profiles, chat with them, and track the driver and vehicle.
As you can see, most rideshare companies and carpooling app startups are doing exceptionally well, despite heavy competition from Uber & Lyft. In addition, there is a list of top ridesharing companies such as Cabily, Hailo, ZipCar, and others who have also established a huge network for their services. So, if you have an idea about the best ridesharing app or want to build an app like Uber ridesharing app that competes with other popular ridesharing apps and establish your own taxi app business,
You can contact us with your requirements as we are a leading taxi app development company and helped over 100+ businesses to optimize their business through a mobile app.
Grepix Infotech is a progressive mobile app and web development company. We have expertise in delivering customized mobility solutions for startups, entrepreneurs, and companies in gaining visibility and increasing their brand value & revenue. Please request a free cost consultation.